Pages

27.1.07

last chaos and a wii

Because of that Win that Wii Valentines contest on OnRPG.com, I discovered this (well, not really) new game--Last Chaos. After a pretty lengthy download (407mb and took around 5 hours), I started playing, and it was well worth the wait. Even though the lone server was laggy, owing in part to the "recommended" server weekend with special stat boosting drops, it was a very good game. With graphics reminiscent of RF and control systems similar to Rose, also with a Energy/Herb Harvesting system similar to that of Flyff, it's really engrossing even if levelling is quite slow (only got to lvl6 for the few hours that I played, even with those exp boosts I have picked up and their current highest lvl at 46).

I chose a Mage for my starting character, and it was okay for solo levelling. It remains to be seen if it's good for partying, will probably test that out in the coming days. It's not so newbie friendly, though--there are a lot of newbie quests, one for almost every level, but it doesn't really clarify why you need herbs, or what in the world is energy for. Drops were good, too--got a couple of Pan Flutes which was to be used for taming horses and could easily fetch thousands on the market ($_$). Yes, there are pets, and they are supposed to help out (haven't finished the Pan Flute's quest yet for my horse, but I do want a Dragon instead, too bad haven't found a Drake Egg yet).

Community? That remains to be seen, though. Of course nothing will replace all my pRose friends (from Pola to Tala), but if ever we leave to other games, I'll be going here.

Did I mention that it's free?

Now, even if I didn't win that Wii, it's well worth it.

No comments: