Pages

11.1.07

lan card

So I'm finally back online on my laptop through a LAN card that I installed myself. *wide grin* If only ComSci had little math I surely would've gotten that course. So the only problem that's left is to look for a cable long enough so that I can have net access back in my room. Tala's done patching, but since there are no new real updates (well, bug fixes count) I'll probably play later and play a bit of Planeshift.

Planeshift is a so-called indie MMORPG: it's not produced by a major company, just a few people--with a very strong emphasis on the RP. The gameplay is unique, too: there are no predefined classes, only races that have almost all skills available to them. The NPCs are also unique: you literally talk to the NPC thru the chatbox, and what you say can trigger a quest, or something. The community is great, too--they really roleplay in-game, which is a refreshing change from all other MMOGs.

It's in alpha phase, though, so it's nowhere near to completion. Only a few classes have available 3d models; and the sole server is also a bit laggy. But that's to be expected from a game that's version .03, and even at .03 it's already intruiging, so if it gets to ver1, that would be nice.

No comments: