Pages

31.1.07

balara


It was a 1 hour trek through a place that no one would have thought existed in the heart of Quezon City. We (that's me and Mark) went past Mang Jimmy's (Mark: Gwapo kaya si Mang Jimmy?) to the Windmill and the old Balara Tower (which was closed), then to the park beside it (which was pretty dilapidated, but maintained a sense of charm all its own; Me: Parang pamilyar ito ah *points to old one-room building*...diba may nag-shooting ng MTV dito dati?) then to an old stone globe and an old jar, a monument to those who built the reservoirs (Unknown I unto all but not unto God and my colleagues; how true, who remembers the men who built Balara now), the crystal-clear yet surprisingly empty swimming pool, and until the residential areas. Then we turned back--we were afraid to get lost in the residential areas--and bumped into Maritoni on the way back (she was at Mang Jimmy's).

We parted ways at the back of Vinzon's; and since there were no Katipunan jeeps (it was lunchtime and everyone must be on break), I walked until the row of computer stores in Katipunan. There I bought (finally) a longer LAN cable; then went to Ali Mall to have lunch at KFC. I passed by National Bookstore too, looking for Kiko Machine 2, but ended up buying Le Guin's 1st book from the Earthsea Cycle since Kiko Machine 2 was out of stock.

I suppose I'm going back to reading again.

No comments: