Pages

1.4.07

baguio dreams

Just arrived home from a 3-day 2-night stay in the pretty crowded City of Pines where the food is really good and the weather is perfect. I had so much fun that if I weren't living here in Cubao and still studying here in Manila I'd be living there.

Lots of funny stuff happened: from that "action star" on the truck that nearly fell off, to the brooms that flew off the van in front of us, to the PMA "ca-date", and what not. 3 days are not enough to explore the city; there's simply a lot to see and do, from the numerous shops that line the street, to getting free sketches from the Baguio Arts Guild, to simply boating and biking in Burnham Park. And the coffee in the Cafe by the Ruins. Simply goood.

Nothing weird did happen; well, except perhaps for my eerily vivid dreams. The first night's dream was really bizarre--my first crush actually confessing that he loved me, then us getting together, ending up in torrid kissing sessions and almost in sex. Almost. The odd thing about that is I never thought about him up until that night.

The second night was a little less stranger. I couldn't remember how we (me, my mom and my aunt) got to a seemingly post-apocaplyptic version of the Katipunan-Aurora flyover. We were running across the street, I think, being chased by a band of people intent on robbing us. It came to the point that one of those chasing us--a beer-bellied middle-aged man--attacked another woman running with us. For some reason, I turned back, and tried to attack him even though I was unarmed. It ended just as he drew a pocket knife out and was about to sink it into my stomach.

It just might be the weather.

No comments: