Pages

27.12.06

soundtrip

So I finally used my gc's that I received for Christmas and bought myself 3 CDs: Blush by Imago, 2StepMarv by Kjwan, and Five on the Floor by sandwich. I've run through all three earlier; and the verdicts? Kjwan's sound hasn't really changed a lot--although the thank you rap midway the last track was a bit of a shock. These are the last people that you'd expect to rap. Their separating the lyrics sheet from the album cover is also nice--I used to ruin the album covers because of over-reading the lyrics.

Imago, however, has a "lighter", more pop sound in other tracks, but the last few tracks retain their original sound. My instant fave from this album is "SRO"--really really love the first stanza. The album packaging is very original, too.

Five on the Floor came with a little surprise--a small Five on the Floor sticker that is now stuck near the touchpad of my laptop. This is my first sandwich album, to be honest, but I've heard some of their old cuts (with Marc Abaya on vocals then) and yes, also more of a pop sound now too. My faves on the album are "Resbak" (it's a nice theme song for a match in the pvp room or DOD, "Sugod", "DVDX", and "Let You Cellphone Shine" (I really like the lyrics--now you know where to watch out for them after a gig).

So..."SRO"'s playing again for a second run. Let its lyrics speak for itself.

EDIT:
I can't put the s inside the brackets to spell sandwich--the coding gets screwed nd puts a strikethrough on everything. lol.

No comments: