Pages

5.10.07

daybreak

"H-how did you get here?" she asked, even though she knew the answer. She let herself be swept into his embrace, and she buried herself in his chest.

She slipped the paper, folded neatly in a square, in his coat pocket as she breathed in his scent, still tainted with the blood of innocents.

"Don't open it until later," Sandra whispered as stopped his hand which had instinctively went to his pocket. "And what brings you here again? I cannot cure all ails."

"On the contrary, you did. With me." he replied, whispering in her ear. "I haven't come to town in the light of day for such a long time. Will you act as my guide?"

"I cannot say the same for me, either. Though I may walk in the Light, I still choose to dance in the Dark."

"Very well--let's get lost together then."

No comments: